University of Kalyani Admission Notice 2015-2016 for M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education under distance mode
Admission Notice 2015-2016 for M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education under distance mode
UNIVERSITY OF KALYANI
Directorate of Open & Distance Learning
West Bengal, India
Phone : (033) 2502-2212
Admission Notice 2015-2016
The Directorate of Open and Distance Learning (DODL), University of Kalyani offers the following courses under distance mode for the academic session 2015-2016:
Code: M1, Courses : M.A. in Bengali
Code: M2, Courses : M.A. in English
Code: M3, Courses : M.A. in History
Code: M4, Courses : M.A. in Education
Eligibility: Honours / Special Honours / General Graduate (10+2+3) with qualifying marks in subject concerned carrying at least 300 marks / Pass Graduate (10+2+2) with one year Bridge Course in relevant subject / Pass Graduate [(10+1+3) / (11+3)] with qualifying marks in the subject concerned carrying a total of at least 300 marks.
Duration : Two Years
1. A candidate with M.A in a subject is eligible to get admission in M.A. in any other subject (other than M.A. in Education) offered through Distance Mode irrespective of whether or not that subject was offered by him/her at the degree stage. But the candidates with M.A. in any professional subject like Music, Drama, Film Studies, Physical Education (M.P. Ed.), General Education (M.Ed.) etc. will not be eligible to avail this special provision.
2. In case of M.A. in Education, Graduates or post-graduates with B.Ed. or equivalent degrees are also eligible besides those who meet the above mentioned eligibility conditions.
Issue of Admission Forms:
Admission Forms including Information Brochure will be issued both from the office of the DODL Headquarter at B-12/195, Kalyani, Nadia and SLM Distribution Centre (behind the Health Centre, Kalyani University campus) on and from 14 th September, 2015, but admission will be taken only at the office of the DODL Headquarter. Candidates may also collect Information Brochure including Admission Forms from any recognized Study Centres of their choice.
Price of Admission form including Information Brochure: Rs.150/- only (Cash)
Date of Issue and Submission of admission forms:
(i) September 14, 2015 to October 16, 2015 (Without Late Fee).
(ii) October 27, 2015 to November 30, 2015 (With Late Fee of Rs. 200/- only).
List of Recognized Study Centres of the DODL and Courses Offered:
|Code No.||Name and addresses of Study Centres||Courses offered|
|KU||University Main Campus, B-12/195, Kalyani, Dist. Nadia, Pin Code: 741235. Phone: (033) 2502-2212||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|01||Dwijendralal College, Krishnanagar Dist. Nadia. Pin Code: 741101, Ph. No. 03472-642599 Mobile: 9434245262||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|02||Haringhata Mahabidyalaya, Subarnapur, Dist. Nadia, Pin Code: 741249 Phone: 03473 – 233318 Mobile:9433390180||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|03||Srikrishna College, Bagula, Dist. Nadia, Pin Code: 741502, Mobile: 034732 72205||M.A. in Bengali, English, History|
|04||Subhas Chandra Bose Centenary College, Lalbag, Dist. Murshidabad, Pin Code: 742149. Phone: 03482-270643/271272||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|06||R. K. V.M.Sarada Maa Girls College, Talikhola Barasat, Pin Code: 700124. Phone: (033) 2524-1835||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|08||Dr. B. R. Ambedkar College, Betai, Dist. Nadia, Pin Code: 741163. Ph. No. 03471 – 254110/254207||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|10||Kanchrapara College, Kanchrapara, Dist. North 24pgs. Pin Code: 743145. Phone: 2585-8790/5159; 8013228192, 8981935785||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|11||S. R. Fatepuria College, Beldanga, Murshidabad–742133, Phone: 03482-264040/264240||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|12||Dinabandhu Mahavidyalaya, Bangaon, Dist. North 24pags, Pin Code: 743235. Mobile: 9800296648||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|13||Motijhil Rabindra Mahavidyalaya, Dumdum, 208/B/2, Dumdum Road, Kolkata-700074. Phone: 033-25515921||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|14||Vidyasagar College, Nabadwip, Pucatola Road, Nabadwip, Dist. Nadia, Pin Code: 741302. Phone: 03472-240014; Mobile: 9475148168||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|15||Acharya Prafullya Chandra College, New Barrackpore, Dist. North 24 Pgns, Kolkata- 131. Phone: 2537-3297||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|16||Berhampur College, 20, C. R. Das Road, Murshidabad-742101, Phone: (03482) 252545||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|19||Sripat Singh College, Jiaganj, Dist. Murshidabad, Pin Code: 742123. Phone: 03483-255351.||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|20||Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya,33C/1 B.B.Ghosh Sarani, Ultadanga,, Murari Pukur, Kolkata- 700067, Phone: (033) 2356 6176, Mob: 9831729756||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|22||Prof. S. Nurul Hasan College, P.O. Farakka Barrage, Dist. Murshidabad, Pin Code: 742212, Phone: 9800255312||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|23||Malda Women’s College, P.O. & Dist. Malda, Pin Code: 732101 Phone: 03512- 252597; Mobile: 9434185835||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
|24||Dumkal College, P.O. Basantapur Dist. Murshidabad, Pin Code: 742406 Phone: 03481 230770; Mob: 9733810820||M.A. in Bengali, English, History|
|25||Rishi Bankim Chandra College for Women, Kanthalpara, Naihat, 24 Parganas(North) Pin Code: 743165. Phone:9433145192 / 9883273959||M.A. in Bengali, English, History, and Education|
Fees Structure (in Rs.):
|Name of the Course||Course Fee||Enrolment Regn. Fee||Exam. Fee||Certificate Fee||Total||Late Fee (Delayed enrolment/ Renewal, etc.)||Renewal / Readmissi on Fe|
|M.A. Part I||4000.00||100.00||1000.00||—||5100.00||200.00||1000.00|
|M.A. Part II||4000.00||—||1000.00||50.00||5050.00||200.00||1000.00|
Admission Procedure :
1. Information Brochure – cum – Application forms are to be collected either from the SLM Distribution Centre, behind the Health Centre, University of Kalyani, Ghoshpara, Kalyani, Nadia or from the DODL office at B-12/195, Kalyani-741235, Dist. Nadia on payment of Rs.150.00. Students seeking admission at its recognized Study Centres should collect the Information Brochure – cum – Application forms from the respective study centres on and from the specified date on payment of Rs.150.00.
2. Students are required to deposit prescribed fees for admission through the SBI Power Jyoti Scheme as furnished below:
a) Fill up properly the 4 copies Challan Form (as enclosed with the Information Brochure-cum-Application form) meant for SBI Power Jyoti Account.
b) Deposit the requisite fees for admission through the said challan at your nearest branch of the State Bank of India having Core Banking System (CBS) facility. Collection of fees as per the prescribed rate of SBI should be deposited separately according to the instruction of the branch of SBI collecting admission fees.
c) Ensure whether the branch has put Journal Number into the said challan or not after deposit of your admission fees. If not, then contact the Branch Manager for the same.
d) If branch has already put the said journal number into the said challan, ensure whether the said number is readable or not. If not, then contact the Branch Manager for the same.
e) Preserve Student’s Copy of the said challan carefully with you for your future reference and attach Study Centres’ Copy and DODL’s copy of the challan with the Admission form before submission of the same to the Study Centre so that Study Centres can forward the DODL’s copy of the said challan to the DODL, University of Kalyani.
3. Duly filled in prescribed application form for admission, Identity card and Enrolment form are to be submitted to the office of the DODL / Study Centre along with the (a) Study Centres’ Copy and DODL’s copy of the challan meant for SBI Power Jyoti Account, and (b) self-attested copy of mark sheets of all previous public examinations passed, proof of date of birth, and 3 (three) stamp size coloured recent photographs. All original mark sheets/certificates must be produced at the time of admission for verification.
4. Students are required to read the Information Brochure thoroughly before the deposit of prescribed fees for admission through the SBI Power Jyoti Challan. Fees of any kind once deposited will not be refunded.
1) Issue of an application form for admission does not necessarily entitle a candidate the right to admission to the DODL’s course. If at any subsequent stage it is revealed that an applicant does not possess the basic prescribed qualification or does not fulfill the prescribed conditions his/her application may be rejected. It should be carefully noted that fees of any kind once deposited will not be refunded.
2) There is no age bar in admission into the different courses of the DODL—i.e. admission is open to any person of any age within eligibility criteria.
3) There is no cut-off year for any course in admission.
4) Two Degree Programmes cannot be allowed to be pursued simultaneously.
5) Photograph and other testimonials of the students should be attested by the respective head of the institution.
6) An ‘Enrolment Number’ will be assigned to each student on admission after proper scrutiny of filled-in admission form. In all the communications addressed to the DODL, reference of this number should be given. Letters received without the enrolment number will not be entertained. – 5 -
7) If a student comes from other university/institution for admission into the DODL Course, he/she shall be required to submit Migration Certificate from the institution last attended.
8) All admissions are provisional subject to verification of the required documents
9) Change of Course and/or subject and/or Study Centre is not permissible after admission.
10) The DODL reserves the right to change the fee structure under compelling condition.
11) DODL reserves the right to postpone the course(s) if viable numbers of candidates are not admitted.
12) All papers including enrolment form, SC/ST applications, review of answer scripts, applications of any kind (even submitted by post), etc. of the students will not be entertained by the DODL unless these are forwarded by the respective head of the institution to which the study centre is attached. Photograph of the students should be attested by the respective head of the institution.
13) For Any Enquiry, Please Contact:
Directorate of Open and Distance Learning,
University of Kalyani,
B-12/195, Kalyani, Kalyani-741235,
Dist. Nadia Phone: (033) 2502-2212
Website: www.dodl.klyuniv.ac.in / www.klyuniv.ac.in
Download Notification: http://www.klyuniv.ac.in/dodl/AdmissionNotification_2015-2016_KU.pdf